Sunday 13 November 2011

Boredom

Last week, I was lying on my messy bed, staring at the slowly rotating fan. It was quite unusual of me. I was reminiscing about the Volleyball cluster meet and was lost in my own strategies how we could have won the match. My room was a mess and in 5 minutes I was asked to tidy it up (My mother was shouting for last 1 month to clean it up). I decided its time for me to do the job, I was annoyed by her regular snubbing. I took my time and finally was able to clean it up in 2 hours. But something inside me was not normal. Was it a minor ailment ? Or was it something which was never going to be alright if I would just leave it like that ? It was 2 weeks since I had reached home. The excitement, the spark of my life was missing and the feeling was something unexplainable. I had to manage my missed classes and studies since I was off to a trip and it was worse than the regular routine of a nerd who has taken science stream. Who in the world cares if moment of Inertia of a body is less or more ? Why would anyone give a damn to find out momentum of  an electron ? Why would anyone give a shit how 5 people can be arranged in a circular table ? The pressure of studies was taking its toll and it was adding more boredom to my already bored life.


  Boredom is something which everyone of us has felt in his/her lifetime and it becomes an inevitable part of a teenager's life in his/her teens. Moreover if you are an introvert (like me) then boredom kills you, literally. I don't have any siblings, so I can't have fun with anyone at home. The novels kept on my table have been replaced by thick physics books and my damn PC do not support any game. Plus my best friend, Soumya Ratna was ill, so I was unable to contact her and all my online friends have gone into hibernation perhaps, more notably Mohit Sharma. To add more boredom to my life, the school teachers are not missing a single class and bunking the classes is like crossing Indo-Pak border. If you are caught, you are gone. The spark, the excitement before the trip was like heaven and life becomes hell when your mind start reminiscing about the fun, late night chats, community bathing, about which you are aware of that they will never come back again, with the same people. I don't care if you people like this post or not because this post was written out of absolute boredom. When serenity turns into loneliness, then everything seems to be rotting away, just like the feeling when Dementors start sucking your soul away.

Thank you for reading :)


3 comments:

  1. i see you've been grumbling about me out here on the web :-\
    yes i've been in hibernation, but that's only too natural of me ;)
    nice post! though i feel as we progress in age, this feeling of boredom slowly dies within. like i don't get bored nowadays, even if i'm doing nothing. it's just gone. but yeah i did use to get hell lotta bored in 11th class....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mohit Broda... no offense man. That was just for fun. 11th class is boring, seriously :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. well written :) boredom \m/ :| :P

    ReplyDelete