Friday 30 September 2011

A Wind Of Change

          This year winter arrived quicker than before. October has just yet started and I am already feeling cold during nights. Although the cold is not yet toe-numbing, but still most of us can observe it. The intensity of sun's rays during afternoon is gradually decreasing. If by chance it rains, the cold waves are amplified. The warm sunlight, the cold atmosphere, the fragrance of winter flowers and the solitude, which I cherish the most will be again transitioned into reality from my exotic and cherished dreams. I love winters more than any other season.

   Apart from solitude, aroma and cool atmosphere, there are other reasons too for my deep love for winters, more specifically hard winters. As an inhabitant of coastal region, most of us long for long and hard winters after all the suffering caused by scorching summers. Winters breathe life back into me. It makes me feel more energetic and lively. Perhaps I become more active in winters rather than hibernating under thick blankets. The more cold it is, the more active I am. But if I let you people peek into the childish side of me, you would find a whole set of new reasons why I love winters so much. Right from my childhood, I have loved sipping delicious liquids than chewing solid food. I find it tedious to chew my food. In winters, I get to drink special 'elaichi' tea in mornings which I don't get in any other season. Moreover, during hard winters I enjoy the spicy hot soup to my heart content along with other Chinese and Indian delicacies. Good food will always be a major weakness of me.


     The lone afternoons spent on my terrace with a lot of books or with an i-Pod, where the warm sun shines and the chilly breeze blows will again be back.The toe-numbing nights when I try to cover each inch of my body with the warm and velvet blanket. The long hours of warm sleep under my special blanket. The badminton matches played during night time, the chit chats with friends around a fire with hot cups of tea in our hands and the preparations for Dusshera and Diwali, which officially mark the arrival of winters, will again be back within a few weeks. I deeply wish time slows down to the pace of a snail now or to my computer's speed. (Both have got almost same speed). But this year perhaps the beauty of the winter afternoons will be ruined by my IIT preparation. Dammit!

I think it is time to pass my baton to Mohit Sharma, who wrote a more philosophical aspect on the onset of Winters.

I hope you enjoyed it
Regards
Akash














   

5 comments: